While driving west along Route 109 in Medway, MA, I caught a glimpse of a classic car parked next to a repair shop. It was a quick glance and I was unsure of exactly what the car was so I put the location in my memory bank and planned to check it out on the way home. Continue reading →
One day last week, my wife came home and excitedly told me that she saw a gorgeous antique truck parked at a auto repair shop in the center of Sherborn, MA. So of course, we got back in her car and took a ride so I could see it for myself. She was spot on.
As you well know, whenever I come across a neat classic vehicle I am compelled to pull over and take a few pictures. If someone is around I usually chat with them about the vehicle. Continue reading →
Saturday, September 17th, was a beautiful late summer day. A perfect day for our car show. Thanks to Stephen Beach, the Wellesley Community Center provided the perfect setting for the show. All the planning and prep work done over the past 6 months by the Car Show committee, chaired by Richard B, was coming together for an awesome day. Modifier club members arrived early to complete the show setup. Tents were raised, cones laid out to funnel exhibitors into the show, tables set up, cooking area with the BBQ and drinks readied for business, disc jockey equipment checked out, trophies inventoried and member work assignments distributed. Continue reading →
If you’re looking for something neat to do this Saturday September 24th how about going to the Revere Hotel in downtown Boston to see a real upscale classic car auction. If you’re interested click here for the auction information and the full catalog of vehicle lots.
Here’s a small sample of some of the gorgeous cars up for auction:
- Lot 112 – 1947 Chrysler Town and Country 4 Door Sedan Estimate: $65,000 – $75,000
- Lot 126 – 1934 Packard Super Eight Coupe Roadster Estimate: $185,000 – $225,000
- Lot 129 – 1956 DeSoto Pace Car Convertible Estimate: $145,000 – $175,000
- Lot 130 – 1931 Packard 845 Rollston Convertible Victoria Estimate $300,000 – $350,000
- Lot 132 – 1952 Chevrolet 3100 Deluxe Five Window Pickup Estimate: $35,000 – $40,000
- Lot 133 – 1970 Plymouth Superbird Estimate: $135,000 – $175,000
Lot 138 – 1957 Chrysler 300 C Convertible Estimate: $130,000 – $150,000